Friday, May 04, 2012

The One

This Taiwanese restaurant was introduced to me by my sister who seems to always have good food recommendations (eg. Deer Garden - review here). My first time at The One was two years ago, back when it had only been newly opened for almost half a year. I had ordered the Thai Hot Pot and was super impressed by its massive size AND it tasted great! Since then, I've been at The One a handful of times but only took pictures on two occasions.



During one particular visit, I ordered the Dry Noodle with Ground Pork Sauce & Sesame Paste. Like most of their menu items, this came in a large serving in a very big bowl and could probably be enough for two people to share. I like that there was more than enough sauce to evenly coat the noodles and they did not skimp on the meat. I have even gone back to The One to order this again already.


Pictured here is one of my favorite dishes at The One, the Deep Fried Chicken Nuggets Fried Rice. This is a popular dish among my friends who never fail to order this every time we come here. The chicken is not too dry and the fried coating has just the right amount of crispiness and flavouring. The rice itself is nicely seasoned with spices and its large portion can leave even the biggest eater full before they can finish.



There is also a Deep Friend Chicken Nuggets Meal that comes with an individual portion of the chicken nuggets, a huge bowl of rice and four side dishes.


From another visit, we ordered the Pudding & Condensed Milk Shaved Ice, which I really enjoyed. Much like their slush drinks, the shaved ice leaves a strong impression because of its large size. This is most definitely not something one person could eat alone.

The modern decor of this spacious restaurant makes it the perfect hang out spot with its popular drinks (because they're huge and miles high!) and good eats. I may say this often on my blog but this is definitely my favorite Taiwanese bubbletea restaurant.

The One Restaurant 美味關係 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment