Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Tropika (Aberdeen)

I came here one day with a few friends for a light meal before having dessert at Capstone Tea & Fondue (Review here). I haven't been to Tropika in years and it was also my first time at the Aberdeen location.


The first thing we ordered was the Pad Thai. While this tasted good, it was also obvious that the pad thai was made with ketchup, given the red tinge of the noodles, instead of the traditionally used tamarind.


We also had the Beef and Lamb Satays, which were pretty good.


The Pineapple Fried Rice was nothing special, in my opinion, and definitely not worth $15.


Surprising, I really enjoyed the Roti Canai but I was shocked by the serving size when it first arrived at our table. Pictured here is actually two orders of this dish.

In a nutshell, Tropika is a bit on the expensive side for the amount you pay, in terms of the quality and quantity of their food. The portions for some dishes are appallingly small while the dishes are good, at best, but nothing amazing to justify the price.

Tropika at Aberdeen 星馬印 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment