Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Pho Quyen

Pho Quyen is a Vietnamese restaurant that was recently recommended to my boyfriend by a friend of his, who said that the bun bo hue at the restaurant was the best. Less than a week later, we decided to to pay the place on Fraser a visit.



Naturally, we had to order the Bun Bo Hue to try. Upon my first bite, this bowl of noodles had me hooked. The broth was tangy with the right balance between sweet and salty and a moderate level of spiciness. The rice noodles were cooked perfectly and had a nice bite to them. As for the meat, the pieces were flavorful and not dry or overcooked despite being served in hot soup.


We also had #98, which was a combo that included grilled pork, chicken, salad rolls and your choice of rice or vermicelli. Everything was pretty good except for the grilled pork. Unfortunately, the grilled pork was extremely salty on its own and had to be accompanied with large mouthful of vermicelli to counteract the saltiness. Other than that, I thought that this combo was a pretty good deal with the variety of items that are included for the price of $8.50.

Prior to this, I have never properly given myself the chance to try a bowl of bun bo hue. I've certainly had a spoonful here and there in the past because my sister never fails to order this at Vietnamese restaurants, but they've never left a lasting impression. Needless to say, I haven't tried my fair share of bun bo hue to be able to compare with other restaurants but after this visit to Pho Quyen, I have clearly become a fan.

Pho Quyen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment