Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pearl Hot Pot

A while back ago, my boyfriend and I went to Pearl Hot Pot for the first time, after hearing about the individual hot pots that are served here. The restaurant is set up in a unique fashion with a large oblong bar in the middle, allowing the waitresses to easily serve the guests.





For myself, I ordered the Blade Eye Pot with Thai Style Hot & Sour soup while my boyfriend ordered the Special Pork Shoulder Pot with Spicy Soup. Since it can get very pricey with the more add-ons you order, my boyfriend and I decided to only have noodles as an add on. As for the content of our hot pots, there were an abundance of leafy vegetables while everything else was one piece of each item. While we did enjoy the soup base that we each ordered, both of us felt that our hot pots would have been better had there been a more generous quantity of non-vegetable items.


At the end of our meal, we were served a choice of strawberry or green tea ice cream. Yum!

Our meal left us pretty stuffed for $36.65 between the two of us. In general, I would have to say that Pearl Hot Pot isn't a bad place to eat once in a while to satisfy that hot pot craving. The concept of having your own individual mini hot pot is a bit of a novel idea that I would suggest anyone trying at least once.

Pearl Hot Pot 珍珠小火鍋 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment